10 February 2008

Hard to Read...

Wow, check this out. Like some serious drug that goes immediately into your brain and rewires it for the better/worse, I'm already addicted to blogging and am now posting my second... er, post... in one day... in fact, in one hour... (I'll make up for this in the future by forgetting to update this blog for seasons at a time). The point of this second post is to burden your poor attention span with all my qualms and insecurities about the future directions of my blog (and by extension my entire life on earth). The problem is this: I think I'm (i.e. my blog) is and will continue to be hard to read. I really do want some of it (me) to be at times intelligible, and I daresay, intelligent. But that's very tough. See, I think that humor is very important, in fact, it seems that's almost the gold-standard for most cheap popularity. Almost nothing is as funny (to me) as ones own self's (is that triply redundant?) foibles (everyone else's is a close second). A major foible of mine that is funny is that sometimes it probably isn't clear when I'm trying to be serious vs. funny. Irony, dry wit, etc. sometimes really make my more serious attempts at communication awkward at best... I do want to tackle some meaty (I love meat) issues in this blog, so, darn all of you who think I'm hard to read! You're right! When I figure out some things, if I find some sort of self-revelatory Rosetta stone, that'll be sweet, I'll let you know (if you're interested... send me an email).

OK, done for the day. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.