10 February 2008

What a time to start ... 2008 A.D.

Not sure why I've chosen February 10th, 2008 as the day, my day, to start blogging - but that seems to be the case. I do know that I've chosen Blogger as my venue because Google already so conveniently manages most of the rest of my internet presence/thought...

As to why I'm going to blog at all, well one thing that should set my blog apart as a shining beacon among the brilliant constellations of blogs in the blogosphere is my liberal use of ellipses... and I'm going to pioneer some heavy use of semicolons, but we'll see... also my penchant for mixed metaphors and alliterations... Oh, how long I've been narrowly channelling these skills in infrequent, verbose, misspelling rich emails to freinds and family... now, all that will be available to all... phew, that's invigorating (and efficient)...

I suppose the first order of business would be to explain my title, name, etc. "Anthropocene" is something that has lodged itself in my right hemisphere (disclaimer, I'm not a neuroscientist, so can't verify that is actually where it resides. [Check this out (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html)... She only dances one way for me... to the right. Argh!)] . Lamentably, it's only lodged there, it didn't originate there; instead "Anthropocene" originated in either the left or the right hemisphere of Nobel Laureate Paul Crutzen. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropocene. In any case, Anthropocene seems so apt as an aegis for some of the themes I wish to explore in this blog that I'm using it (before someone else does...) By the way, "aegis" may not be apt here. Another thematic constant of my blog will be my creative and expansionary use of diction, this due to the fact that the ratio of vocabulary words:correct definitions seems particularly skewed in my brain ... always has been ... I'm often close though, that's why I consider my uses "expansionary" ... I of course, in all things not directly related to my Master's Thesis work, do defer to Wikipedia...

OK, with that underwhelming, inasupicious start, let my blog begin! Fiat Blog!

No comments: